Thursday, July 19, 2012

Absence, relationship styles of our generation and improving your grades

via  http://unusual-architecture.com
This is another personal post and I'm going to try not to excuse myself too much for my absence. So I've been reading fewer and fewer blogs lately, my Google Reader is full and I'm afraid to start reading because it will probably take days. However, someday I'm going to do it.

I've read two articles today that made me say "wow". This one is related to patients that seem to stay in therapy a lot longer than it's required. Actually, it seems that it takes a long time for therapists before realizing their defeat. The other article is related to our capacity of making ourselves smarter through practice and it's quite an interesting read. 

I've also read this nice article about relationships styles of our generation. Well, I'm not going to tell you which one I am, probably a crossbreed between some of those styles.  Also, I want to remind you guys that bringing water to your exam may help you improve your grades. 

You need to read this fascinating article. It seems that thinking and solving problems in another language will reduce your cognitive biases.

I also want to share a cool interview with the author of the book 50 Great Myths of Popular Psychology , Dr. Scott Lilienfeld, a psychology professor and researcher at Emory University. I couldn't embed the interview on my page but you can find it here. 

Hopefully I'm going to write more often now that I'm not that busy and also check out the blogs of my friends here....

No comments:

Post a Comment